Wednesday, July 30, 2008

A letter to a terrorist

Dear Mr. Terrorist,

I hope this letter finds you in good health. I must congratulate you on the excellent planning and efficient execution that you have managed in all your Indian projects. You can give lectures on planning and execution top level management colleges. Though I am not a student at any management institute, I can imagine one question that they will ask you during the lecture. What, they will say, do you think you have achieved by your activities?

You, they will say, have made a mistake in assuming your basic premise. You have assumed that the death of Indian citizens will cause some distress to the Government, or at least to the other citizens. They and even I, will also hasten to defraud you of your incorrect impressions. In India, the least important, the most worthless, the most redundant entity is the Indian citizen. His existence or non existence is of no consequence. In other countries, the Government exists to serve the citizen. In India, the Government exists for itself. The citizens are just cattle, to be milked and used for ploughing. And the Government just uses the incidents you cause for whatever political mileage It can get out of them. Then It laughs at your face. In the time that you took to kill fifty of our cattle, It will say, We managed to create ten thousand more! As far as the other citizens are concerned, they have a greater risk of being killed by stray buses and cars every time they venture out, so your bombs are just a like a truck or two more on the road. Even the noise does not bother them. What with all the bangs, they just think that there is a wedding or some celebration going on. And if there is a traffic jam, well, they are used to that too. Its just like some MLA or Corporator is going out with his procession!

Still, if you intention is to get a reaction from someone, then you are better off trying to blast members of the Government. However, if your intention is to cause distress in the country, then I understand your reluctance to blow off the various MPs and MLAs and their what-nots. Their demise is more likely than not to work in the favor of the country. So you see, I am still trying to understand your reasons for the same. You can kill off the public, but it provides no real purpose. You can kill some Government members, but that may not work as intended.

And its not like its a challenge or anything! Anyone can come in to India from anywhere and do anything! Its not likely that the security forces will manage to catch you anyway! I mean, there might be some challenge left if the CBI is in question (I really hope that), but the police seem to be more interested in picking their noses, or scratching their armpits than doing anything else. You can even safely blow a hole in a police station and I doubt the police will know whats happened. Or that they will even try to find out! It is more possible that they will start arguing that the hole was already there.

So, if you want a public reaction and Government action, that its better you target some other country. Just look at the US, your some brother or cousin just crashes a couple of planes and you have two wars to show for it! Amazing reaction! Or even if you want challenge, I don't think India is your best option. Maybe you should try Israel or something. In any case, doing anything in India is just a waste of money and time and effort. I think you can put it to better use, along with your exceptional planning and managerial skills to cause more trouble elsewhere.

Yours truly,
A citizen of India

P.S. And if by some mistake you get killed while doing something in India, how will you face God! He will be most cross that you messed up in such a simple assignment and send you to hell! Now we don't want that, do we!

No comments: