It is sometimes so amazing how we seem to forget the little things! Or that we just complicate life so much. Yesterday, I was returning from home (yes, I had gone again! And yes, I had planned for it 3 weeks in advance. I have said I suffer from stage 3 weekendophobia) and a lil kid, probably 2-3 years old, or younger(I have trouble guessing lil kids' ages. I guess if they have teeth, they must be 2 years old?), was sitting in her mommy's lap in front of me. When our eyes met, the kid gave me a full bright smile. I was completely taken aback by that smile, and then I realized one very sad thing. It was an effort to smile back! I just couldn't smile back at her. It took me a couple of seconds to arrange my mouth in the semblance of a smile, during which the kid seemed to have lost interest in me.
I just couldn't believe anyone could smile at anyone for no reason! That kid had no reason, she just smiled, just because she wanted to! And I couldn't even respond in time! Oh, how we complicate things! Everything we do has to have a reason. It has to have a cause or an effect! That is so sad! I mean, what else can I say! We complicate things so much, that we forget the simplest of things. And it takes a two year old kid who cannot yet string her alphabets, to teach them back to us. And just look at this! This kid smiled at me and I am writing a Godforsaken blog about it! How much more complex can we make things?
But the kid got me thinking? What can be the simple things to do, which would just improve life a little, and not cost a lot of money or time or effort. If such a list is to be made, how would it go? Maybe a little like below.
1. Smiling. Maybe not smiling at anyone in particular (who knows, he or she may take offense!), but just keeping a cheery face.
2. Just stopping at certain occasions. Like when it rains after a dry spell, just pausing for a minute and taking in the scent of rains. Or when you see a beautiful sunset (sunrises don't seem to occur in my life), just a little pause to admire it.
3. Letting ice cream drip on your hands and then lick it from there. This is again picked up from kids. They rather seem to enjoy it a lot.
4. Letting the wind blow on your face when you are traveling from a bus or a train.
I guess, you get the idea. Go make a list for yourself. Maybe, you might find it easier to be happy.
Thursday, October 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
nice ... just a little naive ...
Post a Comment