Thursday, September 6, 2007

An unusual little crib

Grown Up

I sit in a room, staring at a screen;
The wall is gray, the floor, green.
The screen talks, I talk back with my mouse,
Then, I will make a report and go back to my house!
The room is cold, the chair uncomfortable.
Papers, trash, work has piled up my table.

Where have I reached, what have I done.
Where are the days, when rain was fun,
when I laughed for no particular reason,
And played the fool, in every season?


I was happy, for there was nothing else to be!
The world was new and fresh, and I was free.

Why wasn't it just enough to have fun,
Why was I chained, before I had even begun?
Why did I have to have a dream?
Why wasn't it enough to have ice cream?
So I dreamt, I dreamt my childhood away
All to be a someone, so to say!


Then, I worked and worked so,
I could get where I wanted to go!

And here I am, where I wanted to be,
And I have everything, but I am not happy
So my dream has come true, yet blown up,
I guess, it is just that I have grown up?

2 comments:

ashwin said...

Not just you but true in almost everyone's case,
running behind the lost happiness to finally end-up in the Big Rat Race.

FrostBite said...

you almost perfectly mirrored what is going on in most i.t. professionals' mind........and what they long for.........beauty with that tinge of sadness and irony